Wednesday 26 December 2012

Family Gatherings



Here is my Italian family. I am not Italian, and as I have just finished seeing all of my extended relatives over Christmas, I can be sure that none of them are Italian, either. It's fun to make believe a bit, though.

This is done in watercolour pencil crayons and it is only moderately huge - 2x4 feet or so. I like using these pencils, but the end result is so smooth compared to oil pastels, or even paint. I also used some soft pastels and gouache - can there be anything better than gouache? I liked the way that this hand here worked out.

A goal for 2013: more ethnic intertwiners. The search begins for source images with figures that overlap, drape, and interact - the more twisted together the figures, the happier I'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment