Wednesday 19 December 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my brand-spanking new art blog. Please look around and enjoy. Post your thoughts about art. Contact me and offer me half of your Nigerian princely kingdom, I won't mind.

Oh dear, I fear this might be the time for some kind of mission statement.
Unfortunately, nitwit, blubber, oddment and tweak have already been taken from a greater speech than this one. I am an artist and I enjoy painting, drawing, and collaging. What am I after in art, you ask? I'd like to capture a little bit of what I see, and, silly as I am, send it back to you again. I like the real world very much but I'm not particularly concerned with repeating it over again. I'll leave that to the illustrators of vases by windows (they do a valuable service to blank walls everywhere, after all). Me, I'm after honesty in representation, truth to impressions, something that captures the subject and not just the view. It's a tricky enough goal, and worse, I'd like to work towards it without being pretentious, and in the art world no less. Here are my humble attempts.

No comments:

Post a Comment