Monday 18 February 2013

More Studio Work





Here are some rather rough sketches I've made at life drawing in the past few weeks. I've been debating about the use of pencil. Part of me likes using graphite that is visible in the finished product, and half of me likes using watercolour pencil that becomes more or less invisible or mixed in with the finished work. It's easier to sketch before in some medium rather than just start with watercolours right away - you never know when the model is going to shift, move, or be finished the pose all too soon (which is why these are unfinished). I kind of like leaving areas untouched, though, or just giving the smallest indication of what is going on there. It makes for a bit of tension, and draws attention to the nicely detailed areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment